Club Community Service
- Our major fund raising activity is our annual Charity Golf Day held in August.
- We conduct a Melbourne Cup Trifecta in October & November.
- We conduct a hamburger stall at the First Settlement Festival.
- We participate in the Christmas Cards and Puddings/Cakes campaigns.
- We have a Bowls night at the Scarborough Bowls Club.
- We conduct a stall at the annual “What’s Cooking In the Park Festival”.
- We act as Marshals for the Jetty to Jetty Fun run.
- We assist with the Clean Up Australia Campaign.
- We assist the Moreton Bay Boat Club with the Fairway Challenge Sailing Event.
- We provide a Christmas Party for the clients of Tamariki.
- We provide assistance to the Moreton Bay Regional Council for the Festival of Sails and the First Settlement Festival.
- Maintenance of Rotary Park with ongoing involvement of repair and up-grading.
- Three members belong to organising committee for the Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal, and the Club assists on collection day.
- A member attends the City Council Service Clubs meeting to assist in planning various functions and make suggestions to Council. This also provides access to Council Funding for various projects.
- Work closely with Redcliffe High School and Southern Cross Catholic High School Interact Clubs.
CONTRIBUTION GOALS FOR 2008-2009
- Donation to State Emergency Service of a vehicle from funds raised at our annual Charity Golf Day.
- Roofing over recreational tables at Redcliffe Rotary Park.
CONTRIBUTION GOALS FOR 2010-2011
MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS PAST FIVE YEARS:
- Provision of Defibulators to the Ambulance Service in 2001-2002, and also 2002-2003, at a cost of $18,000.
- Provision of Toys to the Redcliffe Toy Library at a cost of $2,000.
- Contribution of $3,000 towards the Liberty Swing project at Clontarf.
- Donation of $1,000 in conjunction with other two Peninsula Clubs (Total$3,000) for a lift at Handicapped Children’s School.
- New Vocational Service Awards night with high profile Guest Speaker and improved format.
- Donation of $20,000 in conjunction with other two Peninsula Clubs for the redevelopment of Rotary Park in Redcliffe.
- Donation of $5,000 to the Redcliffe Surf Lifesaving Club to provide equipment for the development of young people.
- Donation of $5000 to RACQ Careflight from our Annual Charity Golf Day.
- Donation of $5000 to the Redcliffe Coastguard to assist them with the provision of radio equipment for their new vessel.
- Donation of $5000 to support Rotary Foundation Projects in Papua New Guinea & the Solomon Islands.
- Riding for the Disabled – donation of a horse, saddle and blankets. Upgrading of clubhouse with electricity supply and plumbing. Also donation of horse feed.
- $2500 donated for policing at Redcliffe Neighbourhood Watch.
- $2500 to Redcliffe Hospital Foundation Fund.
Share this with your friends